Physicians & Midwives (P&M) is a unique collaborative practice that has specialized in providing obstetrical and gynecological care for nearly 30 years. With five office locations across the Northern Virginia area, we are committed to a philosophy of convenient, compassionate care, and strive to support women of all ages at every stage of their personal healthcare journey.
- Interviewing patients and documenting basic medical history
- Documenting basic vital signs and weight
- Assisting providers during medical examinations, and with triage calls as needed
- Preparing and cleaning treatment rooms and medical instruments
- Updating electronic medical records and patient charts
- Providing compassionate and professional patient communication
Requirements / Qualifications
- High school diploma or college graduate with demonstrated ability to perform job functions
- Must have medical assistant certificate or diploma or at least 2 years of work experience as a Medical Assistant
- Proven experience working as a medical assistant or medical receptionist
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination (and/or approved medical or religious exemption)
- All employees are expected and required to adhere to HIPAA guidelines and trainings, and to preserve patient confidentiality for all medical, personal, and financial information
- Knowledge of medical office management systems and procedures
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Experience utilizing EHRs, preferably Athena Health
- Preference given to bilingual/multilingual candidates, or those proficient in ASL
- Preference given to candidates with experience working in OB-GYN offices
P&M has five office locations in Northern Virginia (Alexandria, N. Arlington, Mt. Vernon, Kingstowne, and Woodbridge). Preferred working location to be discussed, but position does require travel between locations. To best serve our patients, coverage is needed at all office locations.
P&M offices are open according to the follow schedule:
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Tuesday: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Thursday: 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Saturdays (select locations): 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Physicians and Midwives offers a competitive and inclusive benefits package, including health, dental, vision, 401k, paid holidays, and PTO. $500 signing bonus after 60 days.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 - $22.00 per hour
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Medical Assistant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Certified Medical Assistant (Preferred)
Please note: Advantia Health is dedicated to providing unparalleled healthcare to our customers by employing the most highly-qualified individuals. If you are selected for further consideration, you will be subject to a background investigation. COVID-19 vaccination is a required condition of employment.