ABOUT ADVANTIA HEALTH:
Advantia has transformed healthcare for all women - we’re setting a higher standard of care and convenience while reducing unnecessary costs. Compassion and value inspire everything we do. We take time to listen, answer questions completely, and offer helpful technology between visits so that our patients are empowered and at ease. Alongside coordinated care, Advantia has pioneered care models that align incentives with the best interests of women and their families. Advantia is expanding quickly through organic growth and acquisitions, providing direct care through more than 200 providers across over 50 Ob-Gyn and coordinated specialist offices.
As a Sonographer you will be responsible for using diagnostic medical equipment to diagnose various medical conditions. Specialize in obstetric/gynecologic.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Reviews patient’s medical history and physician’s instructions.
- Prepares equipment for procedure. Selects appropriate equipment settings.
- Explains procedure to patients and records any medical history that may be relevant to the condition being viewed. Directs the patient to move into positions that will provide the best view.
- Operates special equipment to direct nonionizing, high-frequency sound waves into areas of the patient’s body. The equipment collects reflected echoes and forms an image that may be videotaped, transmitted, or photographed for interpretation and diagnosis by a physician.
- Views the screen during the scan, looking for visual cues that contrast healthy areas with unhealthy ones. Selects images to show to the physician for diagnostic purposes.
- Takes measurements, calculates values, and analyzes the results in preliminary reports for the physicians.
- Keeps patient records and adjusts/maintains equipment.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in sonography from accredited school
- Must have 5+ years of experience as a medical sonographer in an OB GYN practice
- Must have DC license as a Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer
- Must be certified in Nuchal translucency scans
Please note: Advantia Health is dedicated to providing unparalleled healthcare to our customers by employing the most highly-qualified individuals. If you are selected for further consideration, you will be subject to a background investigation. COVID-19 vaccination is a required condition of employment.