This role will be responsible for greeting, registering and schedules patients while working closely with practice providers and staff to ensure an exceptional patient experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Serves patients by greeting and helping them, scheduling appointments, and maintaining records and accounts.
- Welcomes patients and visitors in person or on the telephone; serves as the first touchpoint between the patient and the practice
- Performs all registration (or verifies mobile registration) for new patients and updates registration information for established patients
- Demonstrates effective handling of patient situations, including upset/dissatisfied customers, and works with other teams as needed to efficiently and effectively resolve customer needs
- Optimizes patients’ satisfaction, provider time, and treatment room utilization by scheduling appointments in person or by telephone following established scheduling guidelines
- Comforts patients by anticipating patients’ anxieties, answering patients’ questions, and maintaining the reception area
- Obtains revenue by recording and updating financial information, recording and collecting patient charges
- Protects patients’ rights by maintaining the confidentiality of medical, personal, and financial information; follows all HIPAA guidelines and complies with annual training
- Keeps patient appointments on schedule by notifying the provider of patient’s arrival, reviewing service delivery compared to schedule, and reminding providers of service delays
- Ensures availability of treatment information by maintaining updated patient records in the EMR
- Maintains business office inventory and equipment by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, placing and expediting orders for supplies, verifying receipt of supplies, and scheduling equipment service and repairs.
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures, reporting needed changes.
- Contributes to team effort by performing other duties as needed.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required; Associate's degree preferred.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in a medical/clinical office.
- Knowledge of medical terminology or completion of medical terminology course is desired.
- Experience with EMR, computerized scheduling and registration systems including Athena, Greenway and Phreesia
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to travel between practice locations as needed
- Able to occasionally travel during the work week, as well as spend some time in the company headquarters (Arlington, VA).
- Office environment with high level of computer and phone use, and virtual interaction
- Standing on feet for up to eight hours (w/breaks)
- Sitting at desk for up to eight hours (w/breaks)
- Working on computer for up to eight hours (w/breaks)
- Able and willing to learn/adjust to new programs
About Reiter, Hill & Johnson:
Reiter, Hill & Johnson is a comprehensive obstetrics and gynecology practice with fourteen physicians, four nurse practitioners, one physician assistant, a team of excellent sonographers, a large support staff, and the most-up-to-date equipment. For over forty years we have helped women in the Washington, DC metropolitan area deliver healthy babies and live healthier lives. Reiter, Hill & Johnson provides medical and surgical care focused on women's reproductive systems including preventative well woman care, pregnancy and prenatal care, childbirth, screening and treatment of disease, family planning, and menopause.
Learn more at: www.rhjn-obgyn.com
About Advantia Health:
Advantia is transforming healthcare for all women – we’re setting a higher standard of care and convenience while reducing unnecessary costs. Compassion and value inspire everything we do. We take time to listen, answer questions completely, and offer helpful technology between visits so that our patients are empowered and at ease. Alongside coordinated care, Advantia is pioneering care models that align incentives with the best interests of women and their families.Advantia is expanding quickly through organic growth and acquisitions, providing direct care through more than 200 providers across 60 locations serving over 430,000 patients at our OB-GYN and coordinated specialist offices. Advantia also enables health plans, state health organizations, hospital systems, and employers to deliver high-value care through technology products including Pacify’s perinatal app.
Please note: Advantia Health is dedicated to providing unparalleled healthcare to our customers by employing the most highly-qualified individuals. If you are selected for further consideration, you will be subject to a background investigation. COVID-19 vaccination is a required condition of employment.