The Receptionist is responsible for a variety of clerical and filing duties including the scanning of reports into charts, processing requests for medical records releases, answering telephones, scheduling appointments, and assisting patients in the front desk area.
- Greets patients in a polite, prompt, helpful manner. Provides any necessary instructions/directions. Accommodates any patient need(s). Answers any patient questions, informs the back office of each patient’s arrival.
- Verifies and updates patient insurance information in the system for each patient at each visit. Runs a copy of both sides of the patient’s insurance card at each visit. Scan a copy of the insurance card (front and back) and driver’s license into the electronic medical records system.
- Uses the computer system to generate information necessary for billing. Maintains current understanding of patient medical insurance changes, including HMO and PPO coverage and copay levels.
- Collects copay/surgery deposits/balances, provides any forms needing completion, and obtains signatures as necessary.
- Answers telephone in a pleasant manner and deals with patient needs expeditiously. Maintains patient confidentiality, whether speaking with a patient in person, on the telephone, or while looking at a chart.
- Records all payments and provides receipts to patients
- Balances cash, check, and credit card receipts at the end of the day. Total each category amount of cash, checks, and credit card receipts at the end of day, complete deposit slip for cash and checks indicating patient account # on checks, Make a copy of all checks and cash. Run a credit card detail report and settle the credit card machine. Copy deposit slip and credit card detail report. Scan deposit slip and credit card detail report into the electronic medical records system for charge entry.
- Processes triage phone calls and directs to the appropriate medical personnel
- Scans in all necessary paperwork from patient’s visit (i.e. Financial forms, history forms.
- Scans in established patients charts prior to their arrival for their first electronic medical record visit
- Prints Provider schedules for the day and distribute
- Schedule patient appointments and maintain appropriate scheduling times for quality patient flow.
- Copies records when requested with proper approval. Requests may come in person, via telephone, via e-mail or fax. Requestors should be notified of corporate policy and copying fees for medical records prior to copying records.
- Reviews new Provider schedules when issued and checks for changes that require rescheduling of patients. Reschedules patients as necessary when Provider schedules change.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Completion of medical terminology course preferred.
- 2 + years of experience in customer service setting, preferably six months receptionist experience in healthcare setting and experience with office equipment.
- 1+ years of general clerical and computer experience preferred with some exposure to medical terminology.
Please note: Advantia Health is dedicated to providing unparalleled healthcare to our customers by employing the most highly-qualified individuals. If you are selected for further consideration, you will be subject to a background investigation. COVID-19 vaccination is a required condition of employment.