Advantia is transforming healthcare for all women – setting a higher standard of care and convenience while reducing unnecessary costs. Compassion and value inspire everything we do. We take time to listen, answer questions completely, and offer helpful technology between visits so that our patients are empowered and at ease. Alongside coordinated care, Advantia is pioneering care models that align incentives with the best interests of women and their families.
Advantia is expanding quickly through organic growth and acquisitions, providing direct care through more than 200 providers across 60 locations, serving over 430,000 patients at our OB-GYN and coordinated specialist offices. Advantia also enables health plans, state health organizations, hospital systems, and employers to deliver high-value care through technology products.
What are we looking for?
Susquehanna OBGYN is a growing Obstetrics & Gynecology practice seeking an individual with skills including accurate and timely claim creation, follow-up and correspondence with providers, insurance inquiries/correspondence. The incumbent will assist in the clarification and development of process improvements and inquiries, assure payments related to patient services from all sources are recorded and reconciled timely in order to maximize revenues. Other important duties include credentialing, enrollment processing, and reporting.
- Prepares and submits clean claims to third party payers either electronically or by paper.
- Maintains relationship with clearinghouse, including appropriate follow-up with support issues.
- Coordinate the process of patient eligibility through various third party sources.
- Coordinate collection process, accounts and tracking current collections in Athena.
- Manage monthly statement process, to include reviewing statements before mailing and field any patient inquiries the Patient Services staff needs to escalate.
- Coordinate and administer policy and procedure for sliding scale.
- Work with reception staff, ensure appropriate collection of co-pay, spend down and self pay fees.
- Handles patient inquiries and answers questions from clerical staff and insurance companies.
- Identifies and resolves patient billing problems.
- Denial and insurance follow-up management.
- Issues adjusted, corrected, and/or rebilled claims to third party payers.
- Posts adjustments, transfer of responsibility and refunds, as necessary. Assure coding is compliant and up to date.
- Reviews accounts and makes recommendations to the Practice Manager regarding non collectible accounts.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality; adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
- Knowledge of medical billing
- Strong keyboard skills.
- Works well in a fast past environment with firm deadlines; results oriented.
- Perform multiple tasks effectively.
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong analytical skills required.
- Capable of making timely, independent decisions.