About Physicians & Midwives:
Physicians & Midwives (P&M) is a unique collaborative practice that has specialized in providing obstetrical and gynecological care for nearly 30 years. With five office locations across the Northern Virginia area, we are committed to a philosophy of convenient, compassionate care, and strive to support women of all ages at every stage of their personal healthcare journey.
- Greet patients upon arrival, sign them in, and obtain insurance information and any other necessary data
- Provide patients with intake and new patient forms, copies of our office policies, and all legally required documents
- Process payments from patients for co-pays, self-pays and prepay visits
- Schedule appointments for patients based on provider availability
- Manage patient records for scanning, as well as files stored in P&M’s EHR (Athena Health)
- Provide patients with additional support and guidance as needed
- Provide compassionate and professional patient communication
Requirements / Qualifications
- High school diploma/GED (required) or Associate’s degree (preferred)
- Preference to candidates with at least 3 years of medical office experience
- Experience utilizing EHRs, preferably Athena Health
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination (and/or approved medical or religious exemption)
- All employees are expected and required to adhere to HIPAA guidelines and trainings, and to preserve patient confidentiality for all medical, personal, and financial information
- Ability to handle a fast-paced work environment and to prioritize tasks based on importance
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Preference given to bilingual/multilingual candidates, or those proficient in ASL
- Preference given to candidates with experience working in OB-GYN offices
P&M has five office locations in Northern Virginia (Alexandria, N. Arlington, Mt. Vernon, Kingstowne, and Woodbridge). Preferred working location to be discussed, but position does require travel between locations. To best serve our patients, coverage is needed at all office locations.
P&M offices are open according to the follow schedule:
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Tuesday: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Thursday: 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Saturdays (select locations): 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Physicians and Midwives offers a competitive and inclusive benefits package, including health, dental, vision, 401k, paid holidays, and PTO. $500 signing bonus after 60 days.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 - $21.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Uniform allowance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Computer skills: 1 year (Preferred)
- medical office: 1 year (Preferred)