Advantia is transforming healthcare for all women – setting a higher standard of care and convenience while reducing unnecessary costs. Compassion and value inspire everything we do. We take time to listen, answer questions completely, and offer helpful technology between visits so that our patients are empowered and at ease. Alongside coordinated care, Advantia is pioneering care models that align incentives with the best interests of women and their families.
Advantia is expanding quickly through organic growth and acquisitions, providing direct care through more than 200 providers across 60 locations, serving over 430,000 patients at our OB-GYN and coordinated specialist offices. Advantia also enables health plans, state health organizations, hospital systems, and employers to deliver high-value care through technology products.
Learn more at: www.AdvantiaHealth.com
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Controller must have solid communication, analytical, technology and management skills. The controller position is responsible for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk. This role will also enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly close process and issue timely and complete month end reports and financial statements
- Plan, direct, and coordinate all accounting functions and associated processes and controls - regularly evaluate the effectiveness of accounting processes
- Report interim and final financial results to the Executive Leadership Team, CFO, the Board, and other stakeholders as required
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations and financials
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics, and calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Assist in preparation of monthly / quarterly board and investor reporting and
- Provide financial analyses as needed
- Ensure compliance with with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings and coordinate the management and activities of external auditors
- Oversee and review the filing of company tax returns and 1099 filing requirements
- Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner and that accounts receivable are collected promptly
- Manage the treasury function, ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed
- Maintain the general ledger system and evaluate the effectiveness of accounting software and supporting databases, as needed
- Implement support systems, as needed, to ensure efficient transaction processing including A/P systems, document management systems, and expense reporting systems
- Assess current accounting operations, offer recommendations for improvement, and implement new processes
- Participate in the development of the annual business plan and forecast
- Lead the development a “best in class” Finance function
- Mentor all subordinates and track individual progress in executing annual written development goals
- Bachelor's degree in accounting required
- 10+ years’ experience required in a financial accounting position(s) with at least two years serving as the financial controller or a similar revenue size company
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) required. BIG 4 experience preferred
- Healthcare experience preferred
- Excellent analytical, oral, and written communication skills
- Extensive knowledge of Sage Intacct or similar accounting software
- Extensive knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
Please note: Advantia Health is dedicated to providing unparalleled healthcare to our customers by employing the most highly-qualified individuals. If you are selected for further consideration, you will be subject to a background investigation. COVID-19 vaccination is a required condition of employment.