Simmonds, Martin & Helmbrecht of Advantia was founded in 1970, we established a tradition of great medical care by emphasizing strong personal relationships between patients and physicians. Our practice is dedicated to continuing medical education and training, and we offer many onsite services including high definition ultrasound, minimally invasive surgery, operative hysteroscopy, and comprehensive antepartum testing.
Our offices are located in Rockville, Gaithersburg, Frederick and Damascus. This position will be based out of Frederick, MD office and will float to our other offices.
- Greets patients in polite, prompt, helpful manner. Provides any necessary instructions/directions.
- Accommodates any patient need(s). Answers any patient questions, informs back office of each patient’s arrival.
- Verifies and updates patient insurance information in the system for each patient at each visit. wow
- Uses the computer system to generate information necessary for billing. Maintains current understanding of patient medical insurance changes, including HMO and PPO coverage and copay levels.
- Collects copay/surgery deposits/balances, provides any forms needing completion, and obtains signatures as necessary.
- Answers telephone in a pleasant manner and deals with patient needs expeditiously.
- Processes triage phone calls and directs to the appropriate medical personnel
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED
- Prior experience working as a Receptionist in a Medical office is preferred
- Minimum of two year's experience in customer service setting, preferably six months receptionist experience in health care setting and experience with office equipment.
Please note: Advantia Health is dedicated to providing unparalleled healthcare to our customers by employing the most highly-qualified individuals. If you are selected for further consideration, you will be subject to a background investigation. COVID-19 vaccination is a required condition of employment.