The Certified Medical Assistant works under the direct supervision of the physician, mid-level licensed provider, clinical supervisor, and office manager, and in cooperation with other office staff in assisting with safe and effective patient care in compliance with established standards and protocols of goals and objectives.
- Responsible for routine back office functions including the maintenance of patient flow, exam room preparation and turnover, bringing patients back to exam room, taking and recording basic medical history, and assisting the physicians and/or nurse as needed.
- Responsible for retrieving, routing, and assisting with provider/nurse messages in regard to patient telephone calls, messages, and call backs; appointment scheduling; and prescription refills as directed by the physician and/or provider.
- Additional responsibilities include clinical compliance in sterilization techniques, sample medication oversight and compliance, OSHA requirements (if applicable), and any other compliance standards required within the clinical realm of the practice.
- Use of Computers, telephone, fax machine, copier, stethoscope, EKG machine, pulse oximeter, oxygen devices, wheelchairs, stretchers, scales, glucose monitor, and other patient care equipment necessary to perform required duties as appropriate to the scope of the practice.
- Required Education: High School Diploma or General Education (GED)
- Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant program; or completion of a Nursing Assistant program.
Please note: Advantia Health is dedicated to providing unparalleled healthcare to our customers by employing the most highly-qualified individuals. If you are selected for further consideration, you will be subject to a background investigation. COVID-19 vaccination is a required condition of employment.